Have you got a few hours to spare?
To take the elderly to the GP, hospital, medical appointments, support groups and clubs.
If so, we would like to hear from you. You could make a real difference to the lives of local people in your community.
The quality of our volunteers is key to the success of BluWave in delivering both a safe and person-centred service. Join our team of volunteers who are dedicated, passionate and have great empathy and want to help others.
Volunteers do more than just drive cars, they also providing a vital social connection.
Meet our other valued volunteers and hear what a rewarding experience it can be. Plus all expenses are paid, and training is provided.
Our Volunteer Drivers Have:
- Good timekeeping skills.
- A good understanding of safety issues.
- Good listening skills.
- Understanding of and empathy with the needs of people in recovery.
- A helpful and caring manner with a friendly disposition.
- Good conversation skills and ability to know when it is appropriate/not appropriate to talk.
- Commitment and flexibility in being available at mutually agreed times.
- Effective communication skills.
- Hold a current driving licence.
- To cope with distressing situations.
- To be dependable, reliable and trustworthy.
- Professional attitude and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Access to a telephone.
- Able to use and follow a schedule.